Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pecan Sour Cream Biscuits - Tuesdays with Dorie

Last week I discovered a Group called Tuesdays with Dorie , and I am very excited about joining in the fun. They are baking their way through the Book "Baking from my home to yours " By Dorie Greenspan. Everyone bakes one recipe a week (the same thing) and then posts about it on Tuesday. I ordered Dorie's book the next day and as soon as it came I started baking. The first thing I made was the Pecan Sour Cream Biscuits which were chosen as this weeks recipe by Ashley of eat me, delicious .



I loved the flavor of the biscuits, I tried them first with some apricot jam and then with just a little butter and honey. I prefer the honey-butter and I have been eating them for Breakfast this way the past few days. I got 13 biscuits out of the batch using a 2 1/2 inch cutter. I think next time I will roll the dough out a little thicker and aim for 8-10 biscuits that hopefully will rise a bit higher. I will definitely make these again, would love to try them with some Ham & Yams, Yum.



So , Tuesdays with Dorie have been baking together since the first week in January , which means I have missed eight weeks/recipes. After reading every ones blogs on all of the Delicious things they have made I chose to do some "Make-up Work" and bake a few more of the recipes I had missed.

First I made the Brown Sugar Apple Cheesecake from week 7 (Feb. 12) that was chosen by Jamie of Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats and then while it was in the refrigerator cooling I moved on to the Almost Fudge Gateau from week 8(Feb. 19) chosen by Nikki of Crazy Delicious .

Here is my finished Cheesecake ~~









I do not think I had ever tried Apple Cheesecake before, but after tasting this baby I know there will be more Apple Cheesecake in our future. My dh makes crockpot Apple butter every Autumn and I look forward to trying this again with the Apple butter variation.









Here is my finished Gateau ~~




WOW , this is so rich an decadent ,

I had some extra Pecans left over from my biscuits that I sprinkled on top and added some whipped cream.

Making the Cheesecake and the Gateau on the same day has put all of us around here on a sugar overload, but I just couldn't help myself :)




4 comments:

slush said...

I am so glad you joined us. Your biscuits are perfect, I love the pecan on top. Brilliant! Your cheesecake looks oh so good, and the gateau, well what can ya say, its chocolate!

Welcome to TWD! xo

Mary said...

welcome to the group! wow, you really made up for lost time....great looking cheesecake and biscuits and, well, anything chocolate looks amazing to me!

Amy said...

Welcome to the group. Wow you have been busy. This is my second week and it has been great fun seeing everyones creations, how we make them different, and tips for the future. I love the pecan on the top of the biscuit.

Di said...

Welcome to the group! I love your pictures. It looks like everything turned out great.